RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
The Alliances is proud to have enabled collaboration within its active territories by simply creating a WhatsApp group that expands the network of its members and removes the risk of narrower industry perspectives of those part of impacting the relevant business division or area within the industries of focus and industries.
In its growth, we are required to assume agreement with the below rules of engagement that are now in place and to be used for the Alliances WhatsApp groups and Alliances Projects as of July 2023:
- Respect each other’s opinions and perspectives. Remember that everyone has their own unique experiences and expertise, so it is important to listen and consider different viewpoints as the wider the collective the perspectives, the broader of knowledge base that is within the group.
- Avoid personal attacks or offensive language. Disagreements are normal and are welcome if constructive, but they should be handled in a respectful and professional manner.
- Back up your opinions with facts and references whenever possible. This will help to promote informed and constructive discussions.
- Remember that the group is for sharing knowledge and ideas, not for promoting products or services. Recommended service providers are welcome to support in the form of and Alliances Project which your Regional Director can relay how this works or also through our description of at the alliances.global
- Confidentiality should be respected. Do not share information that could compromise the security or privacy of individuals or organizations. In addition, shared information should not be perceived as personal or organisational brand damaging. The content of the posts are of a perspective and not an attack.
- Any news or alerts shared should be from reliable sources and not just rumours or unverified information or specified that the information is not confirmed at the point of this post.
- The group is not a place to solicit business or job offers. Such posts should be directed to the Alliances Projects: Career Development: Opportunities landing page
- All posts should be related to the Alliance Projects Theme if within a sub-group of the WhatsApp Community page or broadly the business area of focus e.g. Cybersecurity and Information Security. Posts about personal or unrelated topics should be avoided and will be removed if deemed unnecessary
- Opinions and perspectives shared in the group should be considered for discussion purposes only, be reviewed and agreed and not for immediate implementation.
- Group members should be courteous and responsive to each other’s messages, keeping in mind that everyone has busy schedules. With this in mind, reading a post without reacting or replying causes stress.
- Direct Messaging should be used carefully either with the other members consent or if an existing relationship exists.
- If members start a discussion within a subset of the group and the discussion starts to get long then they should consider whether the discussion could be seen as spam by other members and move the discussion into a separate limited discussion or
- Admin will block and/or report users (within 24 hours of the post) who direct posts within the group which we believe are or reported to be:
- Abusive or obscene
- Graphic, sensitive or offensive imagery
- Deceptive or misleading
- In violation of any intellectual property rights
- In violation of any law or regulation
- Spam (persistent negative and/or abusive tweeting in which the aim is to provoke a response)
- Respect copyright and intellectual property rights. Do not share content that you do not have the legal right to distribute or that may infringe on the rights of others. If you are unsure about the legality of sharing certain content, please do not post it.
- If you share copyrighted materials, please provide proper attribution to the original source and ensure that you have the necessary permissions to do so.
- If you believe that your copyright or intellectual property rights have been violated in any way, please contact the group administrator immediately.
By adhering to these rules of engagement, the group can foster a positive and productive environment for sharing knowledge and ideas related to the relevant industry and business area relevant to the group.