Hans-Robert Vermeulen, Identity Strategist Growth Markets (EMEA) – SailPoint
Michael Steyn, Lead Information Security Officer (SA) – Old Mutual
Session Title: “Identity Security: From Zero Trust to Total Confidence – Tackling the Identity Journey Step by Step”
Old Mutual and SailPoint will take you on a journey through the Identity landscape, discussing everything from the most important first steps all the way to the most mature implementations, as well as the next challenges that CISO’s needs to focus on.
Companies have invested in solutions to automate access assignment. Although this often covers only basic provisioning, they feel well protected. This is a false sense of security. Enforcing a least privileged access model is not achieved by “fire and forget” provisioning or account creation. Least privileged stands no chance if we do not see and review changes being made inside applications; if we do not incorporate new access rights and new applications into our existing role model; and increasingly important if we have no clue if access is being used, or if we think that SSO is the answer to our problems.
We aim for everyone in this session to walk away with ideas, plans of action and answers to the below topics:
- – Starting simple is more important than you think. There is more business value in a simple foundation than many realize
- – Why Automated Provisioning can provide a false sense of security
- – Why Identity Security is different to Access Management and why they go hand in hand
- – Usage data – the necessary next step for Identity Security
- – Artificial Intelligence allows you to take control in complex situations
In this session SailPoint will be joined by Michael Steyn, the Lead Information Security Officer (SA) at Old Mutual. Old Mutual has successfully implemented Identity Security at record pace inside their company. We invite you to actively participate and learn from the experiences amongst the audience, during this highly interactive session where each topic will be introduced for 5 minutes and then discussed for 10.